• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Set browser found image, to background wallpaper of phone

Samsung Galaxy A7,

chrome browser,

pressing long on image it says ,

-open image in new tab
-Download image
-Search Google for this image
-Share image,

But nowhere does it say , set image as background wallpaper.

Any solution to this?
yeah it is a chrome thing. its the same on my pc and pixelbook as well as my note 8. on my phone i have a 256gb card so it is never an issue for me.

i think the photo should be downloaded anyways if you want to use it as your wallpaper.

Upvote 0
At some point the image you want to retain has to be saved as a file on your phone -- no image, no wallpaper. It might be something you do manually (save the image, then set it as your phone's wallpaper backdrop) or through an app that does this for you, but in order for any image to be your wallpaper there has to be an actual file, it cannot just be shown on your screen by magic.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks everybody for the input, it seems chrome doesn't have that ability (weird, but understandable since google never seems to listen to customers anyway) i'll download firefox, and see if i can get a better result,

I understand that at one given point the picture will indeed be downloaded on the phone, it's just a matter of it being an easy function if you could just easily set something to background image from the browser , rather than downloading and then setting it to background.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones