1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Set Browser Typ

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi there,
    I have been told to do this:

To fix this, please go to the Settings of the tablet, then go to Advanced, then Set Browser Type. Select a browser type that is not an Apple device (if the device does not have its own browser type, we would recommend 'Google').

I just wondered how do I access the advanced settings? I have an Android Tablet. Version: 4.2.2

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I'm not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do, and "not an Apple device" does make me wonder whether the person who gave you this advice knew what system you were using.

However, my best guess at what you want to do is to set the "user agent" of your browser, i.e. how the browser identifies itself to a website. If so, you should be looking in the settings of the browser app, not the system menu. Where exactly this is in the settings depends on which browser you have - there are many different browsers, and different manufacturers will install different default browsers, so not knowing what app or what make your tablet is I can't tell you where in the browser settings to look (if it has an "advanced" section then start there, but it might be somewhere else).

Sometimes the setting is just a choice of "desktop or mobile", in others it's actually called "user agent" and lets you choose between a larger range of options, and some browsers don't offer this option at all. If your browser doesn't have this setting you could just install a different browser from the Play Store - there are plenty to choose from.

If this isn't what you are trying to do, could you post again with a full description of the problem: what the problem is, where you got this advice from? That would help us give a better answer.