• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Set Cpu on droid 3

trini.s2k

Sep 4, 2011
i was curious what tips you guys have for this or any other programs that will work to speed up the phone, i have my sets on performance , and its 10000 - 8000 and screen of 6000 - 3000 and on charge as well. any tips for better performance will be appreciated thanks.

i was curious what tips you guys have for this or any other programs that will work to speed up the phone, i have my sets on performance , and its 10000 - 8000 and screen of 6000 - 3000 and on charge as well. any tips for better performance will be appreciated thanks.

As far as "performance," if you mean increasing clock speed, that won't be possible until there is a method for replacing the kernel.

From what I was reading on XDA a few weeks back, those trying to conserve power by down-clocking (underclocking) or changing the governor, have found that it makes the phone very unresponsive and sluggish. So, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems your options are limited until a more flexible kernel can be installed (which I'm not sure can be done as long as the phone is locked). I'm surprised you haven't found your experimentation to result in a sluggish phone, as so many others have come to realize. neall

Upvote 0
Oh no it hasnt become sluggish i def can see the speed difference between root and rooted due to my phone is on performance setting and its at a 10000 which is safe cause it hasnt been overclocked, and when i turn my screen of it drops to 3000-6000 or i might of gotten lucky with my phone i dnt know but , i guess i will wait till better is done i was just curious thank you for your tip.

Upvote 0
well i learned not to put it on 300 when its sleeping and charging, its betweren 300 - 600 on performance setting, and when screeen is on its between 800 - 1000 performance, and set priority i havent experience freezing with set cpu since i changed the settings makin sure it doesnt hit 300 its to slow to turn back on,

Upvote 0
The OMAP has hard coded cpu management. Why force an app that has to poll constantly to manage the speed? Seems an extra layer and waste, especially since no custom kernel to use efficiently (assuming the kernel helps compared to stock, with the OMAP).

Seems we have gotten to the point where SetCPU is not a value add option. The dual cores are not capped like the Snaps and earlier 3000 series omaps were.

At best, seems it would be a placebo and at worse a performance or battery impediment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones