• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sugarfree661

Jul 26, 2011
Bakersfield Ca
I have this little problem with My setting in Set CPU. I've noticed if I set my Max to anything other than default, such as 810MHz it don't exactly work, If I open a 3D game such as Modern Combat 3 my CPU will continue to run at 1188MHz even though it shows 810 max.. why is this? I would really love to prevent this overheating any way possible untill I'm able to obtain an extended battery.

n9sB

Edit: tried to upload screenshot.. not sure how without photobucket account

Upvote 0
I have this little problem with My setting in Set CPU. I've noticed if I set my Max to anything other than default, such as 810MHz it don't exactly work, If I open a 3D game such as Modern Combat 3 my CPU will continue to run at 1188MHz even though it shows 810 max.. why is this? I would really love to prevent this overheating any way possible untill I'm able to obtain an extended battery.

This is because this phone has 2 cores, so the qualcomm guys (i think) made a special part under the hood that controls the second core, change the speed on you etc... SetCPU profiles only fight with it. That's one of the things you can turn off in my lg connect optimizer. Then you can put it in 3d game mode, or try playing with the settings. It's like set cpu + the ability to control how many cores are on without it changing stuff on you. In the near future i'm actually letting you control both independently when both are forced on. That means you can actually run 2 different governors and speed ranges ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones