1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Set homescreen - No Pinch, No 'home' icon, No 'edit' screen

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Andypendo, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Andypendo

Andypendo Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    Hi Guys I really hope you can help me.

I have a Pendo Pad 7 inch running 4.4.2 Kitkat.

Now I have been all over the internet before I ask here. When I got my device the Homescreen was set to the 'centre' and I like it this way, somehow I have reset it to the far left screen.

Now when I type in 'How to set homescreen 4.4.2' into google I get nothing but phone results that tell me to 'pinch the screen' and I can set it from there. On the Pendo this does not work. I can long click on blank space to bring up edit screens but from here all I can do is shuffle the order of them.; and the left most one stays as 'home'

So please help me what is the definitive way for tablets running 4.4.2 to set homescreen?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    It depend on which launcher you are using. The launcher is the app which produces the desktops and app drawer. Your tablet will come with one, but whether that's a stock android launcher or Pendo's own app I don't know. Different launchers will use different ways of setting this: in some the re-organising will set the default one, in others there may be a setting in the launcher's own settings.

This does raise another possibility, that you could install a different launcher from the Play Store. But the simplest is probably to look in the launcher settings (or any "desktop" settings in the main system settings).

3. Andypendo

Andypendo Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    Thank you for the reply, I will keep digging around and see what I can find. I hope I can work this out it drives me nuts becuase I KNOW it is a setting that can be changed!

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Remember in any search to specify that it's for a Pendo Pad, since it's likely that their launcher is different from others (hence e.g. the pinch gesture not working, which does with the launchers I use).