• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Set HOX to sync only on wifi?

Is it possible to set up the HOX to only sync certain things when on wifi? I have it set this way for my Dropbox ap and I love it...I don't have to worry about data usage (limited plan) for that. I was having a problem with the calendar ap drawing extremely high data usage, but if I could (for example) set that up to only sync when I wifi, then I could start it back up. If there isn't already a setting for this, I think the developers would do good to design one. There are probably many of us that have wifi most of the time throughout the day but the commutes back and forth or while out running around draw extra data for something I could just wait for when I'm on wifi...For example, if I'm syncing contacts, I don't need it done RIGHT THEN. If it waited until I was on wifi, that would be soon enough for me...Any ideas?

You'd need to set a profile as WiFi off, so you'd set your profile name, then state, then net, then WiFi Connected, then put a tick in the checkbox which said "Invert" and ok it.

Then you'd add a task/action which would be Net, then autosync, then off.

That's what I did, but I'll have a mess around myself, see if I can get specific apps to stop syncing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones