1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Set phone calls to vibrate but still play notification sound?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tgakk, May 1, 2010.

1. tgakk

tgakk Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I just got the HTC Incredible and one of the things I haven't been able to figure out is how to set incoming phone calls to vibrate, yet play the notification sound. None of the profiles seems to make that combination happen. If I switch it to silent, no sound or vibrations happen for calls or notifications. In the vibrate profile, both calls and notifications only vibrate. In normal mode, I can't get calls to vibrate only. If I slide the call ringer volume all the way down and slide notification volume up, it switches it to silent mode. If I have call ringer volume up one notch from silent, it still plays the ring tone. Is this something I can accomplish or do I have to have silent calls only if I still want notifications played?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. tgakk

tgakk Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I found a program on the market for free that does what I need. It is called Simple Profile Manager. Works great and gives you complete control over notifications, phone, alarm, etc.

3. asahi

asahi Active Member

May 2, 2010
    The biggest issue is all of these profile programs set Notifications. I can't seem to find anything that realized that Notifications is too general and the program needs ot allow a centralized place to set Facebook, Gtalk, Email, Gmail, SMS/MMS, Etc all seperately in one location.