• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Set up different notification sounds

The ability to change notification sounds depends on the app itself. Open the app in question and tap on the 3 vertical dots and go to settings for that specific App. Check-in settings if the notification sound can be changed. For example you can change the notification sound for WhatsApp, messages etc.
Thanks for your reply. So my conclusion to change the notification sound for some apps is right. It is a pity.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. There are only three unique notification sounds I can set up on the Samsung Galaxy 8+ . . . Messsages, Calender and Default (which gets applied to all others). All the forums say look in each individual App and click on the settings and then choose the sound you want for that App there. But none of the apps have an option to define the Notification sound, only an on/off button to confirm if you want a notification sound. Why is it not possible to set up unique sounds for each App?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones