1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Set up Live wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biker74, Dec 5, 2013.

1. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member

Just wondered about the above.

When we all set up our phones initially there was in my opinion quite a nice live wallpaper in the background. Thinking it would be available as an option quite looked forward to using it. Sadly it wasn't to be.

Has anyone sourced at all? I know, bit of a longshot. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I still have Bubbles and Phase beam on my t-mobile version. Are either one of them it?

Bubbles:
    [​IMG]

Phase beam:
    [​IMG]

Which launcher are you using that won't let you access them?

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Like DPB stated, if we can find out what launcher you're using then we can more accurately assist you with the issue you are having :)

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

When I first set up mine, there was no live wallpaper running. Just the static wall like the photo at the bottom of this thread. Not sure what it was you saw.

5. biker74

I dont have an issue with access. I was just after the live background when you first turn the phone on. Even before you put in wifi settings.

I'll email Samsung. Thanks though.

6. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

That wasn't a live wallpaper. I believe what you're referring to is the lock screen animation that looked like it smudged the artwork.

The picture is a static picture that's available in the "Wallpaper" selection, when you go to change the wallpaper (other choice is "Gallery" and not sure if "Travel Wallpaper" is a stock option or something from an app I have installed).

I don't have the option for the stock lockscreen anymore, as my work requires a PIN to be active (and I'm not allowed to use both), so someone else will have to chime in on how you choose what animation is displayed for the stock lockscreen (I think the choices were water drop and then the one you want, I can't remember the name of it).

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. biker74

Nope.

OK, resigned to the fact it must be a UK Samsung Note 3 thing then or a 3 network thing.

But to add, it's a night time scene with shooting stars.

Anyway, waiting on Samsung reply.

8. jwither

jwither Android Enthusiast

Hit the setup wizard icon in your app drawer. There's a night time scene there with stars (at least on my Verizon version), but it's not animated. Does that look like it?

If it was animated before, it was likely part of the setup routine and not a standalone LWP.

9. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Member

if you do a google on "note 3 lock screen" you may see what you want

10. drexappeal

Oh, I see. Yes, definitely not what was on the US version. On the US version, this is what was on the lockscreen and homescreen:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwilwp.livewallpaper.note3

Of course, it wasn't a separate app.

11. drexappeal

I'm curious, what live wallpapers show up on your phone, when you go to change your homescreen to a live wallpaper?

As far as my Note 3 is concerned, you can't set a live wallpaper simply on the lock screen. You have to set it for both homescreen and lock screen...and then there have been some reports that, when using other 3rd party launchers, there's a way to keep the live wallpaper on the lockscreen and then set the homescreen to a different wallpaper. I believe APEX was one of the 3rd party launchers that allowed for that to be possible. On NOVA Prime, I haven't been able to do that (even with all the recommendations on how to do it).

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews