• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

set up to download pictures to computer

S

Senior citizen M

I know I need to set up the phone so the android will appear when I pull down the top of my Samsung GALAXY S II phone, but cannot figure out what to turn on. I have transfered pictures previously when someone knowledgable set up the phone so I could turn on the android and connect the connector between the phone and my computer so the pictures would transfer.

Whether the picture transfer popup appears when you plug in the phone depends, mainly, on how the computer is set up.

But if you're saying what I think you're saying (don't we seniors seem to say that a lot?), there should be a "USB" thing in the pulldown and you need to set it to enable the USB transfer or connect as a media device (MTP), depending on your version of Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones