• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help setcpu advice??

1iwilly

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
kissimmee fl
ok i downloaded the setcpu.apk file my kernel number is 2.6.32.9 can i install setcpu with out installing a diff oc kernel ????oh my ad version is 2.2.1 and once i install what is the recomended setting for the batt settings i read somewhere that 600 and 245 is good for the cpu setting.??
thanks

600 is stock if you are looking to overclock you need to play around a little at different speeds just make sure you dont have set at boot checked until you know your phone is stable or you will bootloop. i have mine min 748 max 768 and the phone runs smooth and is lag free and with the sense rom I have decent battery for as much as i use my phone. I dont believe set cpu is supposed to be used for saving battery but I could be wrong, have you looked at juice defender?

Upvote 0
600 is stock if you are looking to overclock you need to play around a little at different speeds just make sure you dont have set at boot checked until you know your phone is stable or you will bootloop. i have mine min 748 max 768 and the phone runs smooth and is lag free and with the sense rom I have decent battery for as much as i use my phone. I dont believe set cpu is supposed to be used for saving battery but I could be wrong, have you looked at juice defender?

i guess i have to install the oc kernel i can go any higher than 600

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones