1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Setcpu and overclocking question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nightmarearcad, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Nightmarearcad

None

Aug 19, 2011
    OK so I've been rooted for about two weeks and i have tried about 5-6 different roms and one of the things that i have noticed is that depending on the rom i have installed I get a higher or lower max mhz on Setcpu. The usual # i get is 998mhz. I was wondering if i could do anything to improve this.One more thing, i also noticed that i get different scaling options the ones i curently get are: userspace, ondemand, and performance. i will ad a screen shot if i can figure out how to do it.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    you need a custom kernel to set the speeds of the cpu. there is currently three gingerbread kernels to choose from. they are golden monkey, freedom, and chop suey kernels. and to say which one is better? that will vary from phone to phone. i'm currently trying the chop suey kernel. jus make a nandroid backup and flash awya. if you like to know more on kernels check this out:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html

Nightmarearcad likes this.
  3. Nightmarearcad

None

Aug 19, 2011
    i will go ahead due that. im going to go ahead and try chop suey since it already part of the salvage sense rom that im currently downloading.:)

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yeah try the 9.1 it has avs which i think is similar to havs. in the guide. doing some research on avs vs havs right now.

Tags: