1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root SetCPU and Removing Bloatware

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tcovil, May 5, 2011.

1. tcovil

tcovil Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Okay for a newbie I'm pretty proud of myself. Rooted my Ally 2.2.1 for the first time today using SuperOneClick. Ended up being about 3 clicks but still pretty darn easy.

Once rooted I installed Root Manager and deleted all the bloatware that is deemed safe to remove. Also installed Move to SD Enabler and moved every app possible to SD. But after all that, I'm only showing 33mb of free space. I don't have a lot of apps so why don't I have more free space?

And one more question. Downloaded SetCPU intending to overclock my Ally to around 748. But it seems maxed out at 600. Top slider bar was at far right and 600. Bottom slider was at 245 so I moved it all the way to the right. But the display isn't going above 600. Why?

Advertisement

2. pworcester

pworcester Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2010
    Your kernel has to allow you to overclock.

3. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Computer Repair
    I suggest you flash the new Velocity v1.1. It has the bloatware removed and has built-in overclocking (and underclocking) via Velocity Toolkit.

I've noticed a loss of space, but after wiping my phone and reflashing Velocity 1.1, I gained a lot of ROM space.

Tags: