• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SetCPU for saving battery

I heard 2x battery its a great life saver. It toggles date on/off to save battery. that's what I've been using lately.
However, I've also heard the SetCPU its a great way to save battery.

What do you guys recommend?

you could use both. although, SetCPU is generally for you to change the processor's clock frequency speed, for example, if you want to overclock it to a higher speed with setcpu you could set the default 1.0GHZ to 1.5Ghz.

setcpu could also save battery by "underclocking" the speed frequencies. When you downgrade the frequency, the phones will use less battery power to generate the speed that you have set. so by saving battery, it means that with setcpu you can create profiles in setcpu to automatically change the frequencies at any given events, like if the screen turns off; the clock speed changes from 1.0ghz to 500mhz thus requiring half the power that you normally need. they are several profiles you can create, so it's really convenient if you want to save battery.. ;]

Upvote 0
I noticed setCPU saves battery. Would using both actually help a bit more?

of course. setcpu for having less voltage when your phone is idle and 2x for data configuration. i don't know if you are aware but 2x's main functionality is the disability of data whenever the phone is locked up as it also provides intervals for your desired values. That being said, they are two different app, but if you use both you get to save A LOT of battery!!!. especially that LTE burns a lot of battery power...

Upvote 0
I don't know much about the others, but on both the ascend and on the stock alarm for the esteem, juice defender has caused issues with the alarm. I don't know if the clock PG put in his ROM is affected or not, but other than that JD is effective but takes some time to set up properly

I dont know which one -.-

Upvote 0
For date save what app should I use: Juice Defender, 2x battery, or Easy Battery Saver?

im using both 2x battery and easy battery saver COMPATIBLE. but it depends, if you want to turn off data by locking your phone get 2x battery, if you automatically want to turn on data by certain apps then get easy saver, but it sometimes has issues and it could block your 4g, so be careful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones