1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SetCPU opinions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by douknownam, Aug 17, 2010.

1. douknownam

douknownam Newbie

Is it worth it? I'm currently running netarchy's 4.0.3 kernel and fresh's 3.1.0.1 rom with the overclock widget. Set the screen on min/max to 768/1113 and screen off min/max to 245. I seem to have pretty decent battery life--about 15 hours off charger with approx. 30% battery left. I know that SetCPU seems to be more robust with config, so I was wondering if it's worth it? Will I see significantly better battery life with more tweaks? TIA

2. exBBuser

exBBuser Android Expert

To me it is.Nothing feels better than ur phone OC @1.22Ghz;).

3. Nitraine21

Nitraine21 Member

I have netarchy 4.0.2 and the previous settings I had with setcpu totally screwed with my performance of the phone.

I would love to know what other members profiles are for setcpu so I can try again.

4. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

I only use setCPU to throttle down the CPU. Simply creating a profile to keep the CPU at 245mhz when the screen is off saves me a ton of battery. I get 1% battery drain overnight (8-hour sleep). Basically when I'm not using the phone, the battery isn't getting drained. Isn't that how things SHOULD work? :)

5. douknownam

douknownam Newbie

In theory, the overclock widget should be doing the same thing right? Why should I buy setCPU when there's a free app for that purpose? I use the overclock widget mainly for this reason and nothing else. Should I still look at getting setCPU?

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Mr. Ed likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews