1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Setcpu Profile?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by An UrgeTo Dance, Feb 10, 2011.

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Hey everyone I just got Setcpu and was wondering how I should set the profiles. I would like to set my main screen on profile overclocked a little, and the screen off one underclocked. Also how should I set the priorities for each profile, and what governor to use?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Have a look at this thread, and the threads linked to in it. You'll get a few examples there and instructions there.

3. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Okay I got my speeds and governors set up but I didn't see anything on how to set the priority can you help me with that please.

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Yes, I linked to this guide in the other thread. It explains priority. Basically, when two or more profiles' conditions are met at the same time, the profile with the highest priority activates. So, if you have a profile set to underclock above a certain temperature, that should have a priority of 100. If you have profiles set to underclock in steps as the battery goes down, you want the priority to get higher as the frequency gets lower. Basically, if you have profile to underclock, say, ~800 MHz under 60%, you can give it some priority (e.g. 60). Then, say you want a profile to underclock to ~500 MHz under 30%. That second profile has to have a higher priority (e.g. 65). Reason being that the conditions for both (under 60% and under 30%) are met at the same time once the battery is lower than 30%. You want the lower of the two to be active, so it gets a higher priority.

Those are really the only two hard fast rules on priority. Beyond that, you'll probably want a power plugged in/charging profile with a priority of 99, and a screen-off profile set to 98. Anything else is up to you as to when you want it to take effect over other profiles.

firebirdude and An UrgeTo Dance like this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews