• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Setcpu profiles

poopedtim

Jan 31, 2011
i was wondering what settings/profiles people have for best battery life/good performance on their evo? if messed around with it a little bit and just cant really figure out the best settings yet. also if your a very nice person could you back up your profiles/settings and upload to the forums so we can all try them out?! :D

i was wondering what settings/profiles people have for best battery life/good performance on their evo? if messed around with it a little bit and just cant really figure out the best settings yet. also if your a very nice person could you back up your profiles/settings and upload to the forums so we can all try them out?! :D

screen off: 245/245 performance
temp > 46C: 576/245 conservative

You don't need a lot of profiles to get great battery life. The most important by far is the screen off. If you find your phone a bit laggy when it first turns on (or when a call comes in when the screen was off), then raise the rates.

My other profile is to prevent the phone from getting too hot when I'm using the nav.

I don't like to overclock the phone. On my phone, even a slight overclock can cause my phone to reboot sometimes. That's just not worth the marginal performance increase from OCing. I think the performance of the phone is just fine stock.

I get about 3% drain overnight. stock rom with a no HAVS, no SBC netarchy kernel.

Reactions: poopedtim
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info Akazabam.

I'm having good results with 245/1152 conservative. It seems to give better than original performance while the screen is on. I've also set up a profile with screen off at 245/576 and that has help TREMENDOUSLY. I've set a profile for temp above 45.5 C and that seems to be a good fail safe. That one is set at 245/576 as well. Good luck!

Reactions: poopedtim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones