• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SetCpu question

thanks for the reply chitown i just followed the instruction that guy has given. now my question is do i need any other program like kernel also to be running and does the SETCPU always running and saving my battery as recommended by you on ur guide? one more thing how did you get ur battery icon to show the percantages like what app?

thank you once again

Upvote 0
yeah install either a hydra undervolted kernal or the new kings kernal . Do a search on the site you should be able to find it.

You should still see battery improvments with the stock kernal but with a good undervolted kernal you will see much more. This thread was with Hydra Undervolted Overclocked kernal

So, you are running an undervolted kernel?

If I do a nandroid, will the kernel be backed up?

I'd like to try the kernel and, if all goes well and I notice an improvement in battery life, I'd like to do a nandroid backup.

By the way, with SetCPU, I noticed that if I set the max clock speed to ~850 MHz on the main screen, the current clockspeed will still spike to 998 (or whatever the max is), and that's with Perfclock Disabled.

Any ideas what's going on? Is that how it's supposed to work?

Upvote 0
I honestly don't know how SetCPU works on the stock kernal never used it with the stock kernal I've never noticed the CPU going higher then what I have it set to in SetCPU . With any aftermarket Kernals you don't need to disable perflock but I do believe you need to with the stock kernal or else everytime you shut down you basically disable SetCPU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones