• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Setcpu Rebooting

SmithO77

Feb 12, 2012
I installed Setcpu everything was working great till I lowered the the minimum Frequency to around 700MHZ & I checked the "Set On Boot". It started to reboot the phone continuously I went back unchecked the "Set on Boot" which helped but when I go back in Setcpu it would reboot again.

I tried setting the frequency to the max & it would freeze & reboot quicker. I tried putting the Setcpu safemode in the root of the sd card but it didnt do anything.

I uninstalled SetCpu & updated the RUU on my Rezound it solved the reboots & it seemed everything was running as normal until when the phone was auto-syncing the phone froze for about 10-seconds then everything was back to normal. I heard about flashing the .zip file but I don't know how & I'm not installing Setcpu again to find out.

I'm wondering if the freeze had anything to do with the SetCpu. Everything is deleted once you update the RUU so I don't believe there should be any left over files from the SetCPU. I'm not sure if there on my sd card I was thinking of formatting the SD.

It would never freeze like that before I installed the new update but I never did have Setcpu installed once I got the phone. So I'm wondering if this problem lies with the Setcpu or the new RUU update for the Rezound which is 2.01.605.11?

so if im understanding your situation corrrectly...

-setcpu caused reboots
-you uninstalled,and ran an RUU
-you had a wierd freeze
-now you have no setcpu installed,and are getting reboots again?

whAt was the phone syncing?

rest assured,if you ran an RUU,there should be no remains of setcpu goofing things up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones