• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SetCpu suddenly stop working with 2.2 OTA Root device

chrisrod01

Oct 21, 2010
The SetCpu suddenly stop working with my Droid X 2.2 OTA. So I decided to troubleshooting by clearing the data, clearing the cache, uninstalling, reinstalling, un-rooting the device and re-rooting the device. I'm able to get other "Rooted Apps" to recognize permission ,but SetCpu wont even ask for permission during the installation process after picking "Auto Recommend". After "Auto Recommend" it just goes into the app and all I can see is a blank black screen. I'm able to launch the widget app once in a while but it seems like the program is working in the background.

I have emailed the dev about this rare problem and sent him some logcat one being the installation process and the other one is adding the widget to the home-screen and then launching the app through the widget. I'll be including those attachment if someone with android code skills willing to help me solve this problem.

Edit: I did a titanium backup of SetCpu when it was working fine 10/6/10. I did both the app +data restoration and on restart of the device it is able to ask for root permision and it shows the SetCpu bar notification icon. This tells me that the app is working in the background but when I launch it up all I'm able to see is a black screen.

Attachments

• installingProcess.txt
    4 KB · Views: 76
  • installingwidgetandlaunchintheapp.txt
    4 KB · Views: 84

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones