• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Haven't been able to find anything on this in the forums. I went to the market and bought the app, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When I launch it, I get a black screen that has a header that says SetCPU then is flashes up another black screen with a header that says SU Request. After about a minute or so, I get a pop up asking me to force close or wait. I went into Superuser Permissions and I get the same black screen with the SU header. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reactions: dattdewd
Haven't been able to find anything on this in the forums. I went to the market and bought the app, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When I launch it, I get a black screen that has a header that says SetCPU then is flashes up another black screen with a header that says SU Request. After about a minute or so, I get a pop up asking me to force close or wait. I went into Superuser Permissions and I get the same black screen with the SU header. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

You need to be rooted for it to work. Are you?

Upvote 0
Hmmm first of all it maybe not related to Super User app as even if the app is denied permission that you can still open it and it will operate it as read only application, that being said it would not force close for that matter.

Now as Spr8dogg suggested you can go in to recovery and wipe cache, davlik and then do fix permission. Make sure the kernel that you are using supports OC as some custom rom have performance field that specify their own governor, min/max frequency also if that the case with your rom then disable it on boot and SetCPU should be able to scan the default clock frequency and operate thereafter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones