• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root setpcu help?

I've tried setcpu several times with different versions and following the advice from the sdx thread. No matter how much I tweak the settings, I always end up having some wake from sleep failure of slow system issue at some point. Very reminicent of my winmo days when I often fantasized throwing my phone against a wall in frustration. Setcpu can save battery life, but it's not worth the winmo flashbacks IMHO.

Upvote 0
LIke i said in my pervious post setcpu sounds like it creates more of a problem than it does help. The Moment actively sets the cpu speed based on the current load on its own, screwing with that is bound to have side effects. That said, why mess with the clock settings when you can just remove the bloat and let the cpu be free to what it is that you want it to do.

Reactions: luke.berryhill
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones