• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting custom tones for texting?

lmr2o

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
I did a search in the captivate forums and couldn't find this one. I'm trying to set the tone for text notifications.

If I go to Settings>Sound>Notification Ringtone it only gives me the pre-loaded sounds.

If i go to the sound file in my phone and click "set as" it only gives me options for voice call ringtone, caller ringtone, and alarm tone.

Thanks for helping

If i go to the sound file in my phone and click "set as" it only gives me options for voice call ringtone, caller ringtone, and alarm tone.

Ok, I too would like to save a sound file for notifications and I'm currently looking for an "app for that". Transitioning from a Palm phone, I used Ringcare, it allowed me to assign different files to each contact for texts and calls.

That said...where exactly are you going that you find the option to set a sound file as a "caller ringtone". :thinking:

Thanks

Upvote 0
i guess u still wont be able to set a different message tone for each contact huh? i really wish they would add/fix this. i just came from having a razor forever and even it had that option! i'm really gonna miss it too(that feature, not the razor). i like to know who is messaging without actually checking the message~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones