1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Setting Different screen time out and PIN lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eastvan, Sep 10, 2011.

1. eastvan

eastvan Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did some searches and cant come across anyting.

The only thing my GS2 doesnt do that I wish it could is to set differnt screen timeout and pin lock times. Is this really not possible with stock firmware on this phone? My 3 year old crappy bberry does this no problem (although it is set by my employers enterprise server) - screen times out at 30 seconds, but doesnt pin/passowrd lock for 10 minutes.

I have my screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds, but it is just a pain to have to enter pin evertime I wake it up. I have the phone rooted but havent installed any customer roms. I have Widgetlocker installed, but as far as I can see it doesnt have this as an option. I have read that Juicedefeneder Ultimatre does have this as a setting, but i dont want to buy the app simply to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. LostInShanghai

None

Aug 19, 2011
    You can change the screen timeout by just going to settings, display, screen time-out.

3. eastvan

eastvan Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    I realize that, but what I would like to do is set screen time out for say 15 or 30 seconds, but set it so pin/passwprd/pattern lock doesnt activate for say 5 minutes of inactivity. I know it is possible on blackberry, and it may be possible on the SGS2 with a paid app, but it just seems it shoudl be a simple thing to do right our of the box.

4. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    I am looking for this also. I have'nt homed in on one yet, but there are several in the market I am searching for "lock delay" and working through the list.