1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Setting Different screen time out and PIN lock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eastvan, Sep 10, 2011.

1. eastvan

eastvan Lurker

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I did some searches and cant come across anyting.

The only thing my GS2 doesnt do that I wish it could is to set differnt screen timeout and pin lock times. Is this really not possible with stock firmware on this phone? My 3 year old crappy bberry does this no problem (although it is set by my employers enterprise server) - screen times out at 30 seconds, but doesnt pin/passowrd lock for 10 minutes.

I have my screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds, but it is just a pain to have to enter pin evertime I wake it up. I have the phone rooted but havent installed any customer roms. I have Widgetlocker installed, but as far as I can see it doesnt have this as an option. I have read that Juicedefeneder Ultimatre does have this as a setting, but i dont want to buy the app simply to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. You can change the screen timeout by just going to settings, display, screen time-out.

3. eastvan

eastvan Lurker

I realize that, but what I would like to do is set screen time out for say 15 or 30 seconds, but set it so pin/passwprd/pattern lock doesnt activate for say 5 minutes of inactivity. I know it is possible on blackberry, and it may be possible on the SGS2 with a paid app, but it just seems it shoudl be a simple thing to do right our of the box.

4. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

I am looking for this also. I have'nt homed in on one yet, but there are several in the market I am searching for "lock delay" and working through the list.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews