• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting it all up

Hey all, my first Wildfire didn't last more than 2 days due to the operator (Tesco Mobile) unable to get a signal for some reason. So just got another Wildfire with another network and would like to get round to setting it all up properly, so advice needed please...

I would like to be able to get on the internet easily but not have it on turned on all the time as I want to try and make the battery last more than one day. Whats the best way to do this? Keep 3G on but turn off background data, or keep it on 2G and only switch to 3G when I need internet? Or any better way of doing this?

Also I've noticed the network is set to GSM/WCDMA, does this mean it auto-switches between 2G/3G for voice calls?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones