• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting Market from US to UK?

elboopo

Lurker
Jun 4, 2009
Hi all,

I've just received a G1(Tmobile UK) today, and all in all am extremely excited by this handset, it really seems a good piece of kit.

Was surprised at the lack of Instant Messenger though, so I thought ok update to CupCake.. Funnily enough before I got the handset, I'd spoken to a guy at TMobile (as I was requesting a PAC code to leave to vodafone) who said he had cupcake on his G1 and that it should automatically update.

My version that came today still had firmware V1, so I went and did an update.. With the U.S. version that includes the IM software.

But so.. of course it makes sense.. but I didn't think about this before flashing, that the Market version is the U.S. Apps like ShopSavvy show everything in $ not

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones