1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Setting Notification ringtone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markmoran, Aug 14, 2011.

1. markmoran

markmoran Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    How do you set the notification to a song? I have a 3 second clip and want that as my notification ring and I can't find it. I have done it for the ringtone but no notifications...any help please!

Advertisement

2. graybeardnc

graybeardnc Member
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    The file has to be at: /sdcard/media/notifications/
    I think it also has to be .mp3 format. I tried downloading a ringtone that was .wav, and it would not find it.
    BTW, ringtones have to be at /sdcard/media/ringtones/, and alarm tones at /sdcard/media/alarms/

3. Mase0090

Mase0090 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Mark:

Graybeard is right for the actual location of the files. However, you could use another notification/ringtone app (I use Zedge) as well. If that's the case, when you go to choose your notification sound it will ask you whether you want to use zedge or not.

To change the actual notification sound: Settings>Sound Settings>Notification Sound

This will change ALL of your notification sounds to this sound. If you want a separate sound for different people, install handcent messaging and use that.

4. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Actually, that's not true. When I want to add a custom ringtone for a contact, I can get it from any folder on the card. The file structure you mention is not where any of my ringtones are.