• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting # of alerts for Calendar Reminder

jishaq

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
Hey folks,

I have my Incredible set up to synchronize with my work's exchange server. I have a ton of meetings, and I rely upon the phone's 10-minute reminder to play an alert sound before each meeting. This is very handy.

What I don't like is that there is no way to set the frequency (i.e., the repeat) for the audible calendar event reminders. It seems like they will just keep going off forever every 5 or 10 minutes, even after the meeting has started, until I hunt my phone down, turn it on, slide the screen lock down, slide the notification area down, select the reminder, and select "Dismiss". And then when my next meeting comes up again, same issue.

It was driving me crazy, to the point that I simply turned off the reminder notifications entirely.

Is there any way I can tell this phone, "When there is a meeting in ten minutes, please play exactly 3 audible reminder alerts: 10 minutes before, 5 minutes before, and when the meeting time has started. And then don't play any more."

I think another way of thinking about this is having meetings auto-dismiss themselves after they have begun, which should achieve the same effect.

Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a bunch!

-Jeff

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones