1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Setting primary contact phone number.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dvhttn, Jul 13, 2020.

1. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

So, this is what I want to do, and I know how to use Android to do this but what I want to do is a little different. My main contacts 'database' is with Microsoft Outlook on my PC (running Windows 10). This I can sync locally to my Android phone with no problems. The problem is that I'd like to set-up the primary (as in what Android regards as 'primary') contact phone number if, for instance, I install a new ROM on my phone then have to re-sync my contacts. Obviously in this case the 'primary' bit has been deleted. Another 'wrinkle' is that you don't seem to be able to use Google contacts on the web to do this either.

So, I was thinking that there "might" be an app that would allow you to save this information so that I could re-load it after a re-sync. Anyone know of something, maybe a way I've overlooked, to enable this?

Just to be clear. I will NOT be using a sync to Google to do this - seems like I need to set it on the phone in any case. I do not mind going through my contacts one-by-one initially to set this up. Just don't want to do it every time. Oh, and the main reason for having to do this is that Outlook doesn't have the concept of a 'primary' contact number so therefore no mapping to Gooles concept.

Thanks in advance.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if you are rooted, look into using titanium backup (i would highly recommend spending the money on the pro version). also what phone do you have? some phones like samsung has a great utility that will backup and restore things like your contacts. but any snapdragon sammy is virtually hard to root.

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

I have TB Pro and I'm rooted. I'm NOT looking for a contacts backup as my 'contacts database' is on my PC. I am merely wanting a method to set the primary contact number and to save that through rom installs or any other event where I lose my android contacts.