1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Setting Profile Pic for Messaging?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by victorhooi, May 31, 2010.

1. victorhooi

victorhooi New Member

May 31, 2010
    heya,

I'm curious as to how to setup a profile picture for myself on the phone.

Basically, in Messaging, I can see photos for other people, but "Me" just has the default Android icon.

Is there any way of setting a photo for that ("Me"). I suppose I can create a contact in my address book for myself, but I feel a bit silly doing that, lol. Surely there's a way of just setting a profile picture somewhere?

(My Google account has a profile pic, as does my Twitter etc - I thought it would have just grabbed it from tha.).

Cheers,
    Victor

Advertisement

2. furiannn

furiannn New Member

May 28, 2010
    Yeah Im wondering this too, I have tried making one of me on the phone aswell but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. sonmica

sonmica Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Mine set up automatically when I synced HTC's People app to fb and google.

I don't know what phone you're using, but check the Contacts to see if there's a special contact card for your own details (which should have a place to edit your picture).

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Why? Give it a shot. I'd feel silly if that was the solution and "feeling silly" prevented me from having a timely solution. I guess YMMV.

5. blondie5221

blondie5221 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I went into contacts and added myself, and my phone number, then I added my picture to it. =)

6. goharris

goharris New Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Once in messaging, I tapped on the blank pic, then opened the linked contact (voicemail), and edited it to insert the pic I wanted. Worked for me...