• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting Profiles

ttaylor0024

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2010
Kansas, United States
Location based rules dont work. I have GPS checked, and starred but it wont find me. I open up google maps and cell tower triangulation completely sucks. 10 miles off. Now the real question is; Is the dev working on this problem? Should I buy it and hope it gets fixed? The app has alot of potential, but it needs its location fixed bad...

EDIT: Just sent an email to the dev....

It doesn't use GPS at all, only the coarse location. Double-tap on the map to set your location and use Lat/Long, it should work fine.

I have the same issue with the cell-tower thing. According to the app, there's only one T-Mobile celltower in all of Greater Houston. lol Don't know what the deal is with that, but then I stopped using the celltower ID option.

Upvote 0
To be perfectly frank, I don't think you're doing it correctly.

Go to Locations, Menu, Add Location, select Lat/Long, then when the map opens drag it to where you want to set the location and doubletap. You should get a little green dot where you've set it. Then save as Lat/Long.

I have done that. and saved it. Nothing :(

Upvote 0
Does anybody know how to set the priority for the rules? I have (for instance) 2 rules set up. One is for when I'm home, and a second is for when the battery is below 20%. Is there a way to make the 20% rule be a higher priority than the home profile? Meaning if I'm at home, and the battery falls below 20%, switch to the low battery profile?

I ran into this in a way I can test. I have a home profile and a car dock profile. I have tested this and can reproduce it. I'm at home, so the home profile exists. My home profile is based on a lat/long (which is interesting in that my lat/long when at home on the network extender puts me in New York, while I'm actually in NH, but that's a different problem), but if I put it in my car dock, it stays on the home profile...

I'd like to be able to set a priority for rules, in case more than one rule applies. My low battery rule should be highest priority, overshadowing all other rules (for power saving), then my car dock rule, then my home profile... So far I cannot find a way to make this happen or define which rules are more important than others...

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Upvote 0
Considering location based profiles eat up battery by requiring you to have GPS on, why not try Volume Control by Revosolutionary Software? Great little volume control app that also has the facility to create three profiles. I have silent, loud and vibrate and takes seconds to change them.

Location based profiles don't use GPS at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones