• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up *86 as a contact without typing password

I second the Google Voice option. I moved across the country and was able to get a free local number that forwards all calls to my old cell #. Great for job applications, etc. You can show you have a local # as well, without having to call everyone and get rid of the old # you've had forever. On top of that, you get the VM transcription and also texting for free by changing your GV settings to turn off SMS notification. If anyone texts your GV # it sends the text to the GV app. and bypasses Verizon SMS.

Upvote 0
The whole trick with using the # and , symbols does not seem to work reliably....it will work maybe half the time. it usually just says the password is incorrect. I got pissed off after like the 10th error. Tried adding extra delay with extra , as well. It rarely helps.

Switched to Google Voice. Best decision I made. Screw wasting minutes calling default voicemail with that slow ass auto-voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones