1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Setting up eclipse with ADT.

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by pjl83, Aug 8, 2011.

1. pjl83

pjl83 Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

I am completely new to Eclipse and Android development. I hope this is the right place to post this question and I apologise if it isn't.

I am following a guide to start developing Android apps using eclipse. I am using Windows 7. I have downloaded Eclipse and my guide is now asking me to set up eclipse with ADT. When I go to "Install new software" under the help tab it then tells me to add Android ADT as the field name and https://dl.ssl.google.com/android/eclipse as the location. When I do this, it lets me select the files to install but thats where my problem lies.

As it begins to download, it freezes on around 7% with the message (Blocked: The user operation is waiting for background work to complete.)

I have googled the problem and found lots of references to the url and this message, but no situation that exactly matches mine and gives me a solution or tells me where I'm going wrong.

Does anybody have any suggests as to what I should try next as I am a new to this and I really have no idea how to get around this.

Thankyou in advance

Advertisement