• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help {Setting Your Own Ringtone} For Text Messages

EASY WAY ALERT-You just go and download "Rings Extended" then go to your messages press menu and press settings then it will give you options press Rings Extended then it will give u more options and then pic Music then just pick the song you what as your message notification.THIS IS WAY EASIER THAN THE GO ON COMPUTER BS.

I tried lots of things and this was the easiest thing to do and "Ring Extended" is a free download and it takes 30 sec!!

Upvote 0
I use SMS Popup. I actually make my own text tones and ring tones so I upload them on my memory card and then pick it from there. You may have to download an app that will allow you to use the ringtone, though since it's not on the actual phone. I would tell you the name of the app but I forgot.

Hope this helped!

Upvote 0
you don't make the new folders in the music folder. You create a folder called media, then audio, then notifications. put you stuff there and it will show up in the list for message notifications. you can make a separate folder for alarms and ringtones here if you like, however my particular focus was notifications.

plug your G1 into your computer. create on your SD card media >> audio >> notifications

put your custom ringtones for your G1 here. there are different ways to access notifications. for text messages, go to the home menu, flip up the apps menu, select messages, click the menu button, scroll down to the notifications section, click ringtones, select the ringtone you've put into the notifications folder you created above.

seriously? this is how you have to do it? yes, this how you have to do and it only took me 5 hours to figure it out. really? stupid.

Worked like a dream thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones