1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support settings app/option is missing from galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnnyutahh, Dec 27, 2011.

1. johnnyutahh

johnnyutahh Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Male
    sydney
    Last week i rooted my galaxys2 to remove unwanted bloatware. Everything was working fine over the weekend until this morning. My settings app/option is not available to me. Before i rooted my phone i did a backup with Titanium Backup. I thought that an app I may have removed has caused the settings to disappear so i decided to restore the manual apps that i removed in the first place. Most were restored but three.
    1- com.android.settings.mt
    2- com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themetwo
    3- com.sec.ccl.csp.app.secretwallpaper.themeone

i see these files on a backed up on USB i have.... how would one copy these files-
    XXX.properties
    XXX.apk.gz
    XXX.tar.gz

back to the phone to be restored.

how do i unzip or restore these? are there apps that can do this? im a real beginner at all this but can follow instructions.

Really would like my settings to be available to me. very frustrated.

thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Kie

Kie Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    Risk and Safety Engineer
    Perth, Australia
    So you lost 'com.android.settings.mt'

Just flash stock SGS2 rom back and it'll be fixed. A more experienced flasher will probably tell you that you need to re-root after this and be careful with what you disable/delete as bloatware. I'm just guessing the last bits, but you'll need to flash stock rom for sure to get Settings back.

3. johnnyutahh

johnnyutahh Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Male
    sydney
    *****pls see screenshot*****

** i have tried doing what you say but still its not allowing me to see settings. I tried using ODIN with correct CSC and PDA files. Settings option i cannot access at all.... its really starting to bother me.

Within titanium Backup Pro- i can see that there are three services/apps that are displaying as crossed out. The text of these have a strike through. Only two options appear when selecting it- Restore or Delete.

Restoring app or app+data takes a long time and doesn't complete its task. I have the files as mentioned in a backup on a USB. What can i do to restore this?

The three issues that i cannot restore are-

* Ocean Weather 1.0
    * Settings 2.3.3
    * Windy Weather 1.0

I really dont care about the weather apps i want my settings option back.

Any ideas?? titanium users?

Attached Files: