1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Settings Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Paynedave, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Paynedave

Paynedave Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    I rooted my tab and deleted some files I thought I recognized and didn't need. Now, having done a hard reset, although the tab works better in some respects, I cannot access 'settings' on the home page, so cannot, for example, link up to new WiFi provider. I really would appreciate some help!

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Try inserting a USB cable or OTG storage. This might open up the storage settings. Unfortunately this is not a good situation. Not much can be done to fix the original issue. You might want to start looking into smart switch or Odin. What files exactly did you delete?

3. Paynedave

Paynedave Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for your prompt response Bg260.
    I have tried more than one 'wipe data/factory reset', with and without SIM and SD card installed and have also actioned 'wipe cache partition'. I had stopped using the tab because it was getting so slow and clunky, so when I decided on the drastic 'rooting' measure, I wasn't too concerned about what I chucked out, but I thought it was only the apps that came pre-installed and couldn't be removed in the usual way. Of course, the pre-installed apps are back, after the factory reset!
    I would appreciate some guidance on how smart switch or Odin might help. Many thanks,