1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

settings in opera mini

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Dec 29, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

i dont want to see mobile sites on my prime. how can i change this?

everything else is lightning fast!

2. rsarno

or is there a diff browser i should be using?

Stock browser sucked so i went to Opera, but i do not want to be seeing mobile pages. I want the full websites to load when im on my prime even if it takes a few seconds longer

3. rsarno

anyone have any info?

4. theandies

theandies Android Enthusiast

In the stock browser top right you'll see the menu icon. Press that go settings/ advanced
    Scroll down to user agent string choose desktop.

rsarno likes this.
  5. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

On my Desire I use Dolphin HD browser which has a huge range of options from tabbed browsing to add blocking add-ons and also has an option to turn off mobile sites. I would assume that it is compatible with Tablets as its a pretty popular browser.

6. rsarno

I went to stock browser, settings, and set it to identify as a desktop

then opened opera and it appeared to work, but when i went to facebook.com it tossed me to m.facebook.com

so i cleared data on opera mini and tried it again, same thing

7. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

I think on FB you have to click the View Full Site link (or similar) on the mobile site for it to remember your settings.

8. theandies

theandies Android Enthusiast

I didn't see the setting in Dolphin HD. I downloaded that and Firefox and could not find the setting I was looking for in either. The stock browser is OK and I am getting used to it but I don't have much experience with the others since I rarely surf on my phone and just used the stock HTC browsers there as well. Since I'm going to be surfing more on the Prime I'm going to take a look at all my options. I don't want to look mobile sites so if anyone can help with the other browser setting to normal web-site views would help us all I think.

9. Gatman

Gatman Android Enthusiast

In Dolphin HD, select Menu-->More-->Settings-->Dolphin Settings-->User Agent, and you can select from there.

theandies likes this.
  10. Arun01

Arun01 Member

Why are you using Opera Mini? Does that version of Opera support flash? I would suggest Opera mobile & it has a option to go desktop.

rsarno likes this.
  11. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast

Can anyone confirm if this worked for them as well?

I'm selling my Ipad 2 and this is 1 of the reasons. I wanna surf the web the way i surf on my Evo 3D. Hate the fact the Ipad 2 is missing flash or cant just download when and if you want unless its Itunes. Sounds petty but some of us want what we want...

12. rsarno

thank you!

13. Arun01

Arun01 Member

Your welcome :)

14. phasertone

phasertone Newbie

Guys: which one is better performing on Prime?
    Dolphin or Opera?

15. rsarno

its probably preference . personally I prefer opera

fast and no issues

16. Arun01

Arun01 Member

Opera is better all around but has only 1 downfall.No working flash support.Hope they fix this in the next update.

17. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast

Can anyone confirm which browser DOES support flash on this tablet?

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews