1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Settings not applied, unclean shutdown"??? Velocity 1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nick888, May 23, 2011.

1. Nick888

Nick888 Newbie

okay ever since i flashed velocity 1.1 on my ally and i try to set my cpu speed higher i hit apply, and it reboots with a notification that says" settings not applied unclean shutdown. i really want my ally to be faster but it just isnt working. im a noob at this stuff guys so go easy on me. thanks.-Nick

man_alone likes this.
  2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Its rebooting cuz you are clocking too high. The message is a saftey thing so that if you set it to high, you dont get a bootloop. Not every cpu is identical, some can oc way high and some cant run anything above stock.

3. seen03

seen03 Well-Known Member

Just for a bit more insight ...
    Go in single steps...start with the very next step up from 600. And try apps like "YouTube", then use your camera, Ect. If your phone does fine (no kernel-panic*) *that's what its called when you "overclock" too high and rebooted your phone.
    Also, for this time of testing ...leave "frequency at boot" (or similar) UN-checked. That way, IF u do get "kernel panic" you wont be stuck trying to hurry and turn down the overclock frequency before the phone shuts down. Lol I've been there.
    ...and just for reference ...I can only overclock to 749....768 when I don't have too many apps.

Lastly, look into purchasing a better SD card. Look at the "class" a "class 8" is good. Then for size....8GB is ok....16GB is better...Ext.

Hope this helps...good luck and enjoy your phone!

4. Nick888

Nick888 Newbie

5. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

Yes its rebooting cause the phone simply cant handle the load, and that message is saying that the phone crashed, and to allow the phone to work properly it didnt reapply the settings that crashed it to begin with. Reboots are NOT needed when overclocking.

6. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast

Another thing that will trigger that message is anything done that does a reboot of the phone afterward, if you have OC set to apply at boot. For example the so-called "update" from Verizon, if it can trigger the reboot, will cause this "error". I forget whether the themes or the flash images from the Velocity Terminal does a reboot, but that can also trigger it. All you have to do in those cases is manually apply your Overclocking. Everything should be fine afterwards.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews