1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Settings Profile Full" vibrate mode broken?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bprutzman, Feb 6, 2011.

1. bprutzman

bprutzman Newbie

I'm using an app called "Settings Profile Full" which is the paid version. The intention of the app is to manage your notification profiles based on triggers such as calendar events, location, etc. In that way it's similar to what I think Locale and a subset of what Tasker can do.

So far I love the app EXCEPT for what I think is a huge bug. On my Moto Droid (original) the app is not restoring the vibrate function the way it should after the phone is no longer triggered. For example before I put my phone on the desk dock I have the vibration mode set to "vibrate only when not silent" and the phone is not set in silent mode. As it enters the dock Settings Profile is triggered and it properly starts my new profile which includes switching my cell to silent mode. Next I pull the phone out of the dock. It SHOULD switch the sounds back on and it does! But it also should switch the vibrate mode back to "vibrate only when not silent" but instead the settings are set to "vibrate always".

In other words, it appears that the exit condition of the app is not resetting the vibration settings back to the original configuration as the program exits.

My questions then... has anyone else had this problem? Have you found a work around? Does the app author know of the issue? How do I contact the app developer to complain?

Thank you for your time!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

Setting Profiles has a user group on Google: Setting Profiles User Group | Google Groups

I believe this is a known bug, you'll have to read the threads.

I started out with Setting Profiles Full and then decided to spring for Tasker when I needed some other aspects of my phone to be automated. Well worth the money...and you can automate a lot more than SPF will allow you to do.

That said, SPF has a very easy to use interface, but does seem to have a few bugs that are annoying to users.

bprutzman likes this.
  3. bprutzman

bprutzman Newbie

Thanks for the reply BookLover. I was actively debating if I wanted to buy SPF or Tasker. I choose SPF because I read that Tasker can really slow down my Moto Droid (original). But with this bug, I'm wondering if maybe I made the wrong decission. So you used both, huh? Did you find that the switch from SPF to Tasker slowed the responsiveness of your handset?

Again thanks for the info and opinions.
    Brad.

4. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

I don't think Tasker slowed down my Captivate at all.

It might be slower on bootup (but I'm unrooted, so bootup is a good 2 minutes at least anyway)...

I really like Tasker, firstly, because I now have automated profiles and I rarely have to touch any setting on my phone because of that...secondly, I know that I can get it to do just about anything other "settings" or profile apps can do out there, and thirdly, (I have yet to learn this) - I want to be able to send auto SMS msgs when I leave work to my BF. And a lot more once I understand how the for/next loops work.

So with one app, I've replaced volume apps, wallpaper changer apps, brightness apps, etc. (of course, SPF can do this as well) -- but I don't have the SPF bugs :) -- And can automate a lot of stuff other apps cannot.