• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Settings Shortcut" Widget Missing From Note 3 Widgets!

I just upgraded from an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 to a Note 3.

With my Galaxy S4 running KitKat 4.4.2 and even the prior firmware version, I had the ability on that telephone to select a "Settings Shortcut" Widget from the phone and assign ANY Sub-Setting (e.g., Data Usage, Accessibility, Font, etc.) and have an icon for same placed on my phone (using either TouchWiz OR the Google Now Launcher). I then grouped all of those cool shortcuts into a folder.

When my Note 3 arrived this week with 4.3 Jelly Bean, one of the first things I tried to do during setup was find that "Shortcut Settings" widget, but it wasn't there or in the Play Store for download. I figured 4.4.2 KitKat would be rolling out soon, which it did this morning, but same thing: NO such widget is listed (and I notice on the Note 3, the Widgets are not even always in alphabetical order, on 4.3 or 4.4.2, which is odd), so I manually went through each one to make sure it was not there.

Anyone have a clue as to why the SAME firmware version on one Samsung device has a certain widget and another device does not?

I found the Shortcut Settings widget to be very very useful and will miss it!

Thanks for any input!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones