• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
You are syncing your email with your email server (whichever service that might be).

I really don't understand the rest, because none of that is normal. Well, it's possible you have something that can change Do Not Disturb automatically: a "quiet hours" schedule (that puts it into DND overnight), or possibly a utility that puts it into that mode when your calendar says you are in a meeting and busy (I had to write that for myself, but it's possible that with a different phone and app the manufacturer could have included it). But location & sync settings should not change by themselves.

Is the phone new, or was it OK before and this has just started? If it's just started, has anything been installed or updated recently which might be responsible?

(I can't see an obvious connection between some of these things either, e.g. the email or message thing and the settings changing).

Reactions: Kymberly Stoufflet
Upvote 0
I dare say you might benefit more by seeking hands-on, one-to-one help through something like an 'Intro to mobile devices' seminar at a local community college or library. Your queries are mostly relative to basic set-up issues and until you get them resolved you'll just be futzing with your phone all the time instead of just using it to make your quality of life better.
You could just sit down and dig through each option in your Settings menu to get more familiar with what your phone is capable of but that's just not an option for everyone. Some of us like that kind of stuff, some don't. Your profile indicates you're in the Las Vegas area so maybe take a look if there are any educational resources available -- LV being a major urban center there's a lot of options.
Las Vegas community colleges
https://www.communitycollegereview.com/nevada/las-vegas
Libraries
https://lvccld.bibliocms.com/

Reactions: Kymberly Stoufflet
Upvote 0
You are syncing your email with your email server (whichever service that might be).
I really don't understand the rest, because none of that is normal. Well, it's possible you have something that can change Do Not Disturb automatically: a 'quiet hours' schedule (that puts it into DND overnight), or possibly a utility that puts it into that mode when your calendar says you are in a meeting and busy (I had to write that for myself, but it's possible that with a different phone and app the manufacturer could have included it). But location & sync settings should not change by themselves.
Is the phone new, or was it OK before and this has just started? If it's just started, has anything been installed or updated recently which might be responsible?
(I can't see an obvious connection between some of these things either, e.g. the email or message thing and the settings changing).
It all started a day or so after I added a srcond line to my boost account~ family plan... Now my phone is daying my location is in a different state. How is this possible?

Reactions: bermudo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones