1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Setup' Force Closing After Wipe and Flash?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ibrick, May 3, 2011.

1. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

So I originally flashed BAMF 1.6 over 1.5.4 without a full wipe, just cache and dalvik. Worked fine..

Thought I had a problem with my phone when typing into Google search and getting *** as if I'm entering a password. Found out it was a Google issue after it was too late..

Tried flashing 1.6 with a full wipe and it would not load. I could get to the boot screen and that's it.

I just finished downloading Perfect Storm 1.4, but the issue I'm having is since I did a full wipe, I have to go through the setup process, adding my Gmail and Yahoo accounts, setting the language etc.. When I click 'Finish' at the end, I get a force close message and my screen goes black with access only to the notification pull down.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Whatever the issue was, flashing Perfect Storm 1.4 fixed it and let me get all the way through the setup process.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews