1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Setup Guide...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Digital Jester, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Digital Jester

Digital Jester Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Student/Bar Staff
    Birmingham, UK
    So I keep seeing the Setup Guide app running in the background whenever I run Advanced Task Killer... Anyone know why this app is running and if there's a way to stop/remove it permanantly (other than rooting).

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you haven't completed the setup process, it may be looking for more information. Some people want the setup guide to hang around a little while they get used to thier phone. There may be an app in the app drawer that let's you turn the "always run at startup" flag off.

If you have completed the initial setup and didn't tell it to run all the time there could be several reasons for this, the most likely one is the use of Advanced task killer itself. Android wants to make the most use of resources so it will try and use all available memory for apps. It will try and load the most recently used apps in memory assuming that you use it frequently and therefore wan't it cached in state, ready to go. If you keep killing an app and that app relaunches, you are in effect telling Android that it is a commonly used app and giving it priority to preload. It is my recommendation that you remove ATK.

I'd read this thread if you get the chance. http://androidforums.com/android-applications/335110-why-you-dont-need-task-killer.html