1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Setup Help - Droid to Inc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maryhitt, Jun 24, 2011.

1. maryhitt

maryhitt Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Attorney
    Pittsburgh, PA suburb
    I have been using the original Verizon Motorola Droid since November 2009, when it first came out. I recently bought the Incredible 2, have charged it but have not yet activiated it. On the Droid, I have been using Gmail for my mail, calendar etc. The first thing I noticed in the setup instructions was to backup my Contacts using Backup Assistant. However, Backup Assistant is not available for the Motorola Droid. Since I already have my contacts saved in my Gmail account, is this step necessary?

How do I transfer the data and apps from my Droid to my Incredible? I assume that anything I purchased on the Android Market can be downloaded again, but what about the data that goes with those apps. Some of the apps I use have the ability to backup online, but not all apps have this.

I have an app called MyBackup Pro on the Droid, and it allows me to backup online, to the SD card, or to both. If I backup the data to the SD card, can i just transfer this SD card to the Incredible and recover the data there (once I have re-installed the apps)?

Any other startup suggestions? Anything I should watch out for? Any apps that you highly recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement

2. tachnician199

tachnician199 Newbie
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Chicago
    I can help with a few of those questions. All your Gmail contacts will sync when you sign in on the Dinc II. All of your paid apps from the Market will show up. I had to find the free ones again.
    Wish I would have looked into transferring my game saves. Guess I'll just replay Angry Birds!

3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Let us know if putting the Droid SD into the Inc 2 does the trick.