• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setup Plantronics for Voice Dialing

Can't do it...major drawback to droid. There is a place to register your complaint...although I can't remember it at the moment. Hopefully, it will be resolved in the near future...almost made me return the phone, but stuck with it.

Can't believe it was left off...I've had it on every cheap a** phone I've had, and here this major unit doesn't have it.

Oh well

Upvote 0
This issue is still ticking me off enough to take back the phone. If it isn't corrected in V 2.1, that's probably what I'll do.

I did find a voice dial app - Voice Dialer HF - that talks to me through the phones speaker, asking "Say your command," then asking if what I said is correct, and then dialing either the contact or number. The phone is not handsfree, but at least I have to click only one app. I also put shortcuts in to dial certain numbers, but that means I still must touch the phone to dial when I'm driving. To make it safer, I put the phone in the car cradle. THIS IS A REAL B.S. SOLUTION.

Upvote 0
It's not corrected in 2.1. It is a BS solution but you have found the best solution. I am using Voice Dialer HF and, even though I should not have to, love it. It works. Can't believe it's not a part of Android, they totally missed the boat on that one! This is the first phone I've had in, well, forever that doesn't have BT voice dial but at least there is a workaround.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones