1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Several Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dasuriano, Jul 5, 2013.

1. dasuriano

dasuriano Lurker

I am having several issues with my Gnex.

I have a hard time getting MMS messages. I get a notification with no message. I've already posted about that in the cannot recieve mms thread.

Now I cannot send or receive text messages either, even though I have 2 bars of signal. Any internet thing I try also says it cannot connect, yet there is service.

Listening to music and the screen locks, when I hit the power button, the screen looks like its having a seizure and flashes back and forth between my home screen and a black album artwork picture rapidly.

And I know it's probably Samsung's radios in the phone, but my signal drops constantly. I'm in a weak area. My roommate gets 2 bars of 4g service on VZW (Motorola) and I get less than 1 bar of 3g service, which keeps dropping.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Have you tried going to verizon and swapping out your SIM card? That would be my first suggestion. If that failed I would try a factory reset.

3. dasuriano

dasuriano Lurker

I was at VZW the other day and they said that a SIM card swap would not fix my issues. He told me to do a factory reset and if the issues still persisted, since the phone is out of warranty, I would need to get a new one, either refurb or could buy one and have it activated. Only VZW store in the area and the guy was not helpful at all. He spent more time in the back looking up technical manuals for the phone, then came out and said that my issues aren't in the manual, so either reset or get a new phone.

I did do the reset and it cleared out the message notification, but the other issues still persist. Phone's over a year old, so I'm guessing that it might be time for a new one.

4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

if' you're in a weak area there is no software reset , hard reset, rom, root, kernal , hack that would fix this. I was in the same boat as you. Went through 3 Gnex replacements. All bad signal. I had a RAZR for a day or two it worked like a champ. You might could talk them into giving you a free network extender. They did me. FYI tho it's a little bit of a pain to set up.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews