• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Several suggestions (Loving the app, though) - Channels

I know this app is brand new and I'm sure several of these are planned, but I'll recommend them nonetheless.

• Image uploading - This will be essential for explaining certain things. Similar to the Reddit format of things would be okay, but inline images would be even better.
• A profile page with info about your phone - Every time I go into a forum, it's like I have to tell my life story all over again. Having a page that contains your phone, Android version, ROM, recovery, etc would save everyone a lot of time and would help standardize troubleshooting.
• Dark theme/Customizable colors - Petty, I know, but this would help this app fit better in with my others. Always appreciate a dark theme in an app.
• Comment threads/quoting support - This one will be essential early on for keeping up with different topics, or it can very quickly feel like an IRC chat. Nothing wrong with IRC, but I feel like this didn't the best place for that.
• Device forums - Not very essential, but nice to have an app like this that lets me talk to others about my hardware as well. Similar to the AppChat feature, but I don't think having separate sections for both Manufacturer and device is really necessary
• Ability to hide forums or categorize them - I feel like those with large lists of apps may find it cumbersome to look through a massive list of apps including those that are included on the phone. The best solution, I think, would be something similar to a multi-reddit where you can have a set of apps you can subscribe to or mark as being those you want to get new topic notifications about, etc.
• Lastly, closing the keyboard should not assume that I want to discard my comment (found that one out while writing this). Only upon hitting 'back' should it do this.

With all that being said, I already love the direction it's taking. It just got released and already feel much more mature than AppChat.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones