• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Severe Battery Drain

SabaShaw

Lurker
Jun 23, 2018
My phone has been fine with battery life up until a few days ago when I unplugged my phone and went to school. I opened up a game at 1st break and I saw that my phone was on 98%. After playing the game for about 30 seconds, my phone shuts down.
After turning my phone back on, I saw it would be on 4%. I decided to turn my phone back off and about 30 minutes later I turned it back on. I said it was on 60%, after using it for another 2 minutes, it went back down to 40%, then running out of batteries instantly again.
This issue has happened on multiple occasions over the past week, before then it has never happened or hinted at anything like that happening. This all means I can only use my phone when it is plugged in, which is bad since I use my phone a lot.

Best advice for reasonable use of any android phone, this is not installing uncontrollable number of apps.

Factory reset will remove entire pile of extra Apps and phone battery consumption will return to nominal.

From the other hand any three years old battery this will not tolerate high drain due gaming.

Reported symptoms of sudden battery capacity loss according to electrical load of the phone, or due phone battery temperature, all these are facts that specific battery this is near to end of life.
An old and weak battery will further decrease it energy storage by 25% at winter time.

Factory reset this is partial or temporarily solution and it can be avoided by manual uninstall of several not productive apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones