1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Severe battery drainage s3, any help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ipoole2152, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ipoole2152

ipoole2152 Lurker

First off what i am experiencing is not the normal battery drainage common on the s3. At some points i'm talking 25-35% in 10-15 minutes or sometimes more. It's also hard to charge in a normal amount of time like it usually would have before. And sometimes when it's plugged in it won't even charge, just keep draining but at a slower rate, % won't go up. It gets quite frustrating not knowing if the battery will not last for more than 2 hours before it's completely dead. Don't really know what direction to go in this situation. The phone and OS system seem to be working excellent besides for the drainage. It's a 4.4.2 btw if that's any help. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. weemic

weemic Newbie

Ditto. My battery is awful. As soon as of charge it drops to 95%.

Any WiFi or data usage and it plummets.

3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

If the battery instantly drops when unplugging it from the charger that's the first sign of a bad battery.

4. weemic

weemic Newbie

Due an upgrade at beginning Dec, so will just bear it for next few week me thinks......

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews