• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Severe music sync problems

fos1982

Jun 23, 2010
Hi pleeeeeeese help!

I've tried everything to fix this problem with no joy as yet, here goes.

All of my music is in an iTunes account so i've tried:
Double Twist (sort of worked, but very slow)
Media Monkey (did not work at all)
WMP (sort of worked using media bridge to extract playlists from iTunes)

The problem i'm having is this. I have created a folder called /Media/Music on the phone and regardless of how I put my music into that folder, drop and drag, cut a paste or using one of the above programs to sync, I only ever seem to get about 113 music files onto the micro SD card. Before you ask no its not full (16gb so plenty of space).

I synced about 1500 tracks took several minutes to sync but when I opened the music player on the phone only 113 tracks. I waited for several hours and chacked again and still 113 tracks. I downloaded a program that allows me to browse the files and folders on the sd card and the folders are there but no files. when i connected my phone back up to the laptop there are folders but no music files (apart from the 113), and here is the wierd bit i only seem to be keeping files that are starting with the letter 'A'

I thought the SD card was broken so I tried the one that came with the phone, and same problem exists.

I tried a different laptop with totally different music files, and same problem exists.

I tried a different music player from the market, and same problem exists.

I even tried to re-set the phone to factory settings and formatted the phone back to standard, and same problem exists!

Ahhhhh, so frustrating!!

I'm on O2 so if i dont get an answer here i'll be trying to get it sent back and asking for a new handset.

Sorry for the long plea for help but its a confusing and frustating problem!!

cheers

Hi pleeeeeeese help!

I've tried everything to fix this problem with no joy as yet, here goes.

All of my music is in an iTunes account so i've tried:
Double Twist (sort of worked, but very slow)
Media Monkey (did not work at all)
WMP (sort of worked using media bridge to extract playlists from iTunes)

The problem i'm having is this. I have created a folder called /Media/Music on the phone and regardless of how I put my music into that folder, drop and drag, cut a paste or using one of the above programs to sync, I only ever seem to get about 113 music files onto the micro SD card. Before you ask no its not full (16gb so plenty of space).

I synced about 1500 tracks took several minutes to sync but when I opened the music player on the phone only 113 tracks. I waited for several hours and chacked again and still 113 tracks. I downloaded a program that allows me to browse the files and folders on the sd card and the folders are there but no files. when i connected my phone back up to the laptop there are folders but no music files (apart from the 113), and here is the wierd bit i only seem to be keeping files that are starting with the letter 'A'

I thought the SD card was broken so I tried the one that came with the phone, and same problem exists.

I tried a different laptop with totally different music files, and same problem exists.

I tried a different music player from the market, and same problem exists.

I even tried to re-set the phone to factory settings and formatted the phone back to standard, and same problem exists!

Ahhhhh, so frustrating!!

I'm on O2 so if i dont get an answer here i'll be trying to get it sent back and asking for a new handset.

Sorry for the long plea for help but its a confusing and frustating problem!!

cheers

If you got a card reader, copy the tunes direct to the micro sd card you can add your own folder as well.

Upvote 0
Another reason why i avoid iTunes.

+1. One of the things I hate about Apple, it caters very much for itself and never readily lends itself to other platforms. I got itunes as I was told countless times by many friends that it's superior to WMP... It converted all my mp3's and ruined my filing structure. Not good if you have OCD and spent countless hours ripping all your CD's in a folder structure which in your head is perfect.
I was most miffed.

Upvote 0
Do yourself a favour and get rid of iTunes, its just useless!

I use Google music now and it's by far much better to use, no syncing needed at all. No you can't buy music in the UK yet from the Play Store but you can buy music from elsewhere and upload it. You have up to 20,000 tracks that you can upload and so far I have 10,500 uploaded, all accessible on my phone, PC, tablets. Yes you need an internet connection to access them if you haven't made them available offline but, I just create a playlist of a few hundred songs that are available offline for the times when I can't get an internet connection, simple, and very very easy!

The problem you will get though is that iTunes songs are DRM'd so, you will need to get a DRM remover, which is what I did to use my iTunes songs wherever I wanted. Unless of course this has changed in iTunes? I haven't used it in along time :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones